Green eggs and ham

its a blog...its a load of rubbish!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Rant List...

This is a new technique I am using to vent my frustration!

It really has worked wonders for my mental health and has prevented me from doing something regretful, like going on a homicidal killing spree.

I would urge you to consider the rant list technique if you have ever felt that all the little niggles are getting too much and your brain is finding it a little bit too crowded to allow you to function as you would normally. Tell tale signs to look out for include; putting your shoes on the wrong feet and not noticing for two hours, brushing your teeth with hand cream or becoming so tired that you can’t even stay awake for a whole episode of torchwood.)

The technique of the rant list is simple. You take a pen and a piece of paper and you make a list of everything that is currently annoying you. By writing down the annoyance is expressed and doesn’t need to take up so much brain space. And this can be anything, big or small, if it is annoying you write it down. I guarantee you will feel the urge to kill shrinking as you let it all out.

So whether your communal stair smells of urine, you only lost 1 lb on your diet this week, or even if some idiot came to your Grandad’s funeral and stole your phone…just write it down and all the bitterness will go away.

Today, I feel only love for all mankind…

1 Comments:

  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Adi Gibb said…

    Hi Sam,

    Just thought I would drop you a line as I too am a Gibb and I have been stunned by the similarities between us in terms of our hobbies and life experiences etc. I too studied Religion at Uni (have a Masters and will eventually finish a PhD) and I lost my Grandfather last year, as well as my Grandmother and my wife's Grandmother, yeah, rough year! I am also a part-time writer and LOVE reading copious amounts of books. It's just I am on the other side of the world in Australia!

    Anyway, here is my blog address and I can be found on facebook if you wish.

    http://beyondasnowypath.blogspot.com/

    Been to Scotland twice, was like a spiritual homecoming! Glad to see the Gibb presence is alive and well!

    Adrian (Adi) Gibb

     

Post a Comment

<< Home